Mineral Sands Benefication Testwork
GeoAssay Mineral Sands Laboratory located in Cikarang has been setup to provide industry standard sample preparation, analysis and mineral identification for mineral sands exploration projects.
The laboratory is provisioned with the necessary equipment to provide mineral sands services as follows:
Heavy mineral sands are a class of ore deposit which is an important source of zirconium, titanium, thorium,
tungsten, rare earth elements, magnetite, the garnet, and, occasionally precious metals or gemstones.
WILFLEY SHAKING TABLE
Water and gravity separation of mineral sand samples over a shaking table to obtain CON, MIDS and TAILS products.
Dried mineral sand products are passed through a roll magnet to separate the magnetic minerals from non-magnetic minerals.
HEAVY LIQUID SEPARATION
Separation of heavy minerals into “floats” and “sinks” using TBE tetrabromoethane at SG 2.89
- Mineral identification and description
- Grain Counts
- Photo Micrographs
- Thin Sections-Subcontract
- Fire Assay gold determination
- Cyanide bottle roll for gold
- XRF Fusion analysis for mineral sands package
- Digest /ASS for base metal elements
- XRAY Diffraction – (Subcontract)